Monday, May 10, 2010

Cold Feet

Today is May 10. Last week, the temperature hit 90 degrees. Today, the high was 65. That's reasonably typical for spring in the DC area. The temperature outside yo-yos pretty significantly this time of the year. So not a surprise that it was hot last week and cooler this week.

What is not typical is frost. This morning, there was frost on our cars. Frost! In May!

Last week, my office moved across the street into new offices. In our old offices, everyone had their own radiator and could regulate the temperature in their office. In our new offices, we are on a single thermostat as is more usual for office buildings.

The problem is that it is FREEZING in our offices. Today, on May 10, I wore the same clothes I would have worn in February - long pants, knee-his, boots, long-sleeved shirt, and a camisole. And I was still cold. About mid-morning, I decided it was crazy to be cold, and so I put on my outside coat. The coat that I had worn to combat the frost this morning!

And I was still cold. So I broke out the leg warmers. And put them on my feet over my boots.

Because if your feet are cold, you are cold.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem in my office building. My solution - a heating pad. You plug it in under your desk and prop it up against your back all day long. The only downside is everyone will assume you have a bad back.

    ReplyDelete