Saturday, July 17, 2010

Top Ten Reasons I Love My Garage

10) It has a good-sized storage room. Since I don't have a basement, that's pretty much the biggest storage space I have.

9) I can put my garbage in the garbage can so it doesn't stink up the rest of the house.

8) There's a place to hang all my gardening and lawn care tools.

7) In typical Washington summer weather, I left the house the other day in beautiful sunshine, and it started pouring the drive back home. With a garage, I don't care - I didn't need an umbrella because I was already indoors when I got out of the car.

6) The car is protected from the elements at least half of a given day. Since I'm working from home these days, sometimes it's even more than that.

5) Corollary: A car wash lasts much longer than it used to.

4) I won't have to clean the snow off the car before I can go anywhere. I'll still have to shovel the driveway, but only half of it!

3) I can leave the top down overnight and not have to worry about dew or other moisture.

2) There's nothing better than carrying in groceries without dealing with the weather - hot, cold, rain, or snow.

1) Black leather car seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment