Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Entering The Housing Market

Tonight, I had the real estate ladies over to give me an assessment on my house and the possibilities for the next house.

The good news - I think I should be able to sell my place for about what I thought I would.

The bad news - I have to get new carpet for the downstairs before I can show my house.

The good news - I have a great credit score so I should be able to get a good loan and rates are still low.

The bad news - I have to rent a storage space to move some of my tchochkes and clothes to "stage" my house for possible buyers.

The good news - The real estate ladies have another property listed that actually sounds pretty ideal for me - 3 BR, 3BA, 2 fireplaces, 1-car garage.

The bad news - No one gets contingency sales anymore, which means I have to come up with a bunch of money to put down on the new place to close the sale - BEFORE I sell my place.

The good news - I may be able to get that money from family.

The bad news - I don't really like borrowing money from my family.

More news to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment