Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow!

Tonight and tomorrow, we are supposed to get up to 20" of snow. While some parts of the country may cope with that, here in the DC metro area that amount of snow is likely to bring everything to a halt.

If you look at the date, you'll also notice that it's a week before Christmas. Which means that this weekend is a MAJOR shopping weekend. The stores are expecting the shoppers. The shoppers were expecting to be able to get presents this weekend. Now it's highly likely that neither of those expectations are going to be fulfilled.

The only retailers making more money than they know what to do with are the grocery stores. I'm willing to bet that you would be hard-pressed to find milk, toilet paper, bread, and water in most stores right now.

Personally, I am planning to avoid both kinds of stores. I am finished with my Christmas shopping. I have enough food to get through a few days without restocking. I'm good.

Let it snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment