Tuesday, December 29, 2009

(Not) Home For The Holidays

Since last Wednesday, I have been home primarily only to sleep. Wednesday night, we had the family pictures taken and I didn't get home until about 10 pm. Having gone to get the pictures done directly from work. I went straight to bed, read for a half hour, and crashed. I was home for most of the morning on Thursday, but then my brother and parents came about 5 to help with some home chores and then we headed over for our family Christmas eve celebration. It was late again when I got home, so again I just went to bed. The next day, Christmas, we gathered again to open presents and eat good food, both brunch and dinner. We finished dinner about 9, so I got home a *little* earlier at about 9:30. After hitting a pothole on the drive home and limping the last mile home with a flat tire. So Saturday, after a night with little sleep, I called the tire place to make sure they could take care of my care, called AAA to come put the spare on so I could drive my car over there, and then headed over to the tire place - all before 11 am. I took a cab home and then ate lunch. I was home for a couple of hours while the tire place figured out what was wrong with my car - wheel or tire - and then picked up the car again and hit the gym. Got home in time for dinner and was actually home for the evening for the first time in several days. Sunday I actually had most of the day at home. Other than running several errands that I hadn't had a chance to do on Saturday. Then Monday, I went straight from work to birthday dinner for my brother-in-law. Again, I didn't get home until 9:30 or so.

For 6 days, I haven't been home much. (Not) home for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment