Saturday, September 25, 2010

Not A Word

Last month, I posted that I was going to write a book before I was 50. A couple of years from now. I even have what I think is a brilliant idea for a book. And one I should be able to accomplish reasonably easily.

Except that since then, I have not written a word. I have thought about writing. I have told several people that I'm writing the book - in an effort to sort of "blackmail" myself into writing. And yet - nothing.

The biggest problem, I think, is that I spend all day in front of computer. I come home, eat dinner, tend my "farm", and crash in front of the TV. Every other day, I try to get to the gym or go for a run, adding an hour or two to the time before I eat and farm. So it's hard to then get my creative juices flowing.

Except that at night, as I'm going to sleep, I write brilliant prose. I have a million ideas. I know exactly what I what to say. I will all flow easily and quickly.

Not.

Perhaps I need to go back to the old-fashioned pen and paper method. Perhaps I could convince myself that way to write, rather than read, each night before I go to sleep. Of course then I'd have to put the written word into typed word at some point. Which also seems like a waste of time. I always feel like I should just start with the typing.

One way or another, I still have this ambition. I just have to figure out HOW. And WHEN. I think I've got the WHAT determined. And I guess that's something.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment