Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not An Auspicious Beginning

The new year has not been good for my health. I came down with a sore throat on New Year's Day. Since then, my cold has moved into my head. I'm hoping it doesn't make it down to my chest, but not convinced it's going to happen.

I'm not the only one who has started the new year without good health. Both my parents are sick as well. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's my father who gave me the cold. Dad is a day ahead of my mother in his cold, so he's mostly better today.

I talked to one of my cousins today. She's also been sick since the new year. Of course, she also saw my parents recently. I think my parents must have had a particularly virulent strain of cold.

My brother arrived from South Carolina on December 22 with a cold as well. He was pretty sick until Christmas, when he finally felt better. I don't think his cold is the same one that my parents have since he was gone before they got sick. I had thought I might get his cold since he was staying with me. But I dodged that particular bullet. Only to get hit by the next one.

Many of my colleagues have also started the new year sick. I could blame them for my cold or they could blame me for theirs, except that I haven't actually been in an office in the new year.

I worked at home until today. Today I was in a meeting in person with about 15 other people. I made a point of not shaking anyone's hand, but I did pass out my business card to a few people, so I'm concerned about them. I was one of several sick people in the room today, however. So we probably all shared our germs.

Because that's how it works. Human contact = germs. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment