Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

I'm not one to make resolutions. It seems to me that resolutions are made to be broken. So why make them in the first place? Like many other holiday-related things, resolutions are really something that we should do every day. Just as we should be nice to each other every day, not just during the Christmas season.

That being said, like many other people, I take this time to evaluate my life and decide what I like about it and what I'd like to change. I don't think of it as making resolutions. I think of it as assessing my life.

In years past, I have been less than happy with my weight. This year, for the first time in my adult life, I'm okay with my weight. It's not perfect. I'm not at my ideal weight yet. But I'm so much closer than I have ever been before. I can look at my legs in the mirror and not be completely appalled. I can almost see kneecaps even when my knees are bent. I don't know if I'll ever have legs as lovely as my sister's, but I'm not afraid to wear short skirts anymore. And that's saying something.

While I have some things that I would like to change about my job, I am optimistic that 2010 will be a good one for me professionally. The world of health IT continues to change almost every day. We are poised to help with that explosion, and so life will be very interesting. I may not get everything I thought out of this job, at least financially, but I'm not going to complain (too much). I have a job. I like my job (most of the time). And I make a very nice living. I try to remember those things when I get unhappy with the aspects of my job that I don't like.

I am going to take an active role in trying to find love again. Needless to say, it hasn't worked in the past. And it's VERY hard on the ego. But I will try again. If only because I really don't relish the idea of growing old alone.

My family, including my extended family, is for the most part happy and healthy. I have one very sick uncle, who I hope will recover from his current ills in 2010. But everyone else is doing just fine. It looks like Dad doesn't need a new knee, although Carol may need knee surgery. But you know what? If new knees is the worst health problem we experience, I will count my blessings again and again.

So I am hopeful for a good 2010. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment