Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Off To Work I Go

I have worked in proposal management for the past 6 years. Those who work in proposal management understand that overtime just comes with the job. Before that, I worked a bunch of jobs that required overtime as part of the normal course of events. What I'm trying to say is that I am quite used to working overtime. Especially in DC, it seems to be pretty normal for most people.

But this week has kicked my ass. Part of the problem is that I haven't gotten to the gym all week. I have definitely found that, if I don't get any exercise, my overall energy level goes down. But when I don't get out of work until after 7 pm, and I start at 8 am, I just can't make myself go to the gym. Sometimes when my schedule works that way, I use an exercise ball at home to at least get a little bit of workout in. For some reason, I just didn't do that this week. And I ended up crashing into bed by 9 pm most nights. All that sleep should have made me energetic. It didn't.

Adding to the fun is that I had to work today. Today is Saturday. Even though I often have to work late during the week, it's reasonably rare for me to have to work on a weekend day. And even if I do have to work on a weekend day, usually I can still get a workout in. But today, I got up, did the grocery shopping, and then got the email I had been dreading. Work needed to be done. Yuk!

Got to the office at noon. Left the office at 6:30. So again no workout. I'm going to work tomorrow, too, but from home. So I should be able to get some kind of workout in. Maybe I'll get two in. We'll see.

Work, work, work. Makes Barbara a dull girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment