Thursday, January 28, 2010

Not As Young As I Used To be

You want to know how I know that I'm not as young as I used to be. There are at least two ways.

First, I used to stay up until after 11, sometimes close to midnight, every night - and still get up for work by 6 am and be fine. These days, to really be functional at work all day, I should get to sleep around 10. Since I usually read before going to sleep, that means getting under the covers by about 9:30. Which means going upstairs around 9:15 or earlier to brush my teeth, wash my face, and get into my nightgown. And that's just REALLY early.

Second, I used to work 10 hours a day routinely and still have energy when I got home. If I went to workout, that would often help with reenergizing me. Now, after a 10-hour day, I cannot convince myself to go to workout at all - much less getting reenergized by it.

Of course, my gray hair might be another clue. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment