Friday, July 10, 2009

Giving this a try...

So I've always thought of myself as a writer. I swear to myself regularly that I'm going to really sit down and write that book that's been languishing in my computer for years now. It's outlined and everything.

The problem is that I'm not sure that anyone reads books anymore. I know I do. And lots of my family members do. But what about the next generation or the generation after that. Have books become passe?

I started this blog with a couple of goals in mind.

1) to start writing again and (perhaps) be disciplined about it.
2) to see if I get a reaction to what I have to say and therefore whether anyone might be interested in a longer published work (re: book).
3) to see what the blogging thing is all about relative to other people's blogs (I really have only read work-related ones to date).

A quick post for today as I set up this blog. More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Barbara:

    I enjoyed your blog. Tomorrow I will try my hand at adding a few paragraphs about our trip to Germany.

    Love
    DAD

    ReplyDelete