Monday, July 20, 2009

No Concerts This Summer?

This summer might be the first on record when I haven't been to a concert. Usually, I get to at least one or two shows a summer. Often at Wolf Trap, one of the nation's best concert venues and a beautiful setting too.

I'm not sure what happened this year. It's only July so I suppose that I could make plans and get to a show before summer is over. But I just don't have any particular burning desire to do so. And I'm not sure why.

I'm a huge music lover. I have more than 200 CDs and, unlike the younger generations, I am still buying them. Just this past week, I got 3 Doors Down, Daughtry, Rob Thomas, and an old Joan Armatading. About a month ago, I got a couple of other CDs including Chris Isaak, Pink, and Duffy. I wake up to a CD playing - currently it's Jason Mraz's newest CD "We Dance. We Sing. We Steal Things." And I have a 6-CD player that is usually playing whenever I'm home during the weekend.

And I enjoy live music performances. In addition to Wolf Trap, I go to shows at the Birchmere several times a year. Jammin' Java is not that far away in Vienna, and I've been known to go there too on occasion. On average, I usually see 6-8 shows a year.

So it's strange that I have not made any plans to go to a concert this summer. Several of the musicians I enjoy are touring. Chris Isaak has a new CD out and is playing at Wolf Trap. Actually, I think he's already made his DC tour stop. I recently bought the new Daughtry CD. I'm pretty sure that they are touring and are making a stop in the DC area sometime this summer. I know Rob Thomas is due to be here this fall. He has a new solo CD out as well, which I just listened to for the first time today.

Hmmm....Maybe I do need to make some summer concert plans. After all, it's only July.

No comments:

Post a Comment