Saturday, November 7, 2009

Who Can Raise More Crops?

I haven't been blogging for the past few days because I've been sick and just haven't had the wherewithal to blog.

Which is interesting because I have been on Facebook. I've even leveled up in Farmville. Of course, Farmville only requires minimal thinking. The hardest decision you have to make in Farmville is which crop to plant next. Each crop matures in a certain number of hours or days, so you need to think about the next time you'll be able to play the game, and make sure to use crops that will mature about that same time. Because the crops do wither if they aren't harvested within a certain period of time after they mature. Somehow it's fun. I'm not really sure what the appeal is, but it's there nonetheless. There are also animals and trees to harvest. I have lots of types of trees on my farm - apple, grapefruit, orange, cherry, apricot, banana, date, etc. - trees that in the real world would never grow on the same orchard. Oh well. The same is true of the crops. I have corn next to cranberry at the moment. Don't think that happens in the real world. I have lots of animals on my farm too - horses, cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, swans, kittens, etc. I'm a little bitter about the kittens. I keep getting a message about a lost kitten and would I post the message so one of my Farmville friends will adopt the kitten. I want to adopt the kitten! But if I find the kitten - get this message - then I can't adopt the kitten. Which is completely ironic when you think about it....

Anyway, I've surpassed all my friends in my level on Farmville. I'm not THAT competitive, but I do have to admit that I like that I'm the highest of all my friends. Perhaps I'm more competitive than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment