Friday, February 5, 2010

Snowpocolpse, Snomagedden, Snotorious B.I.G.

Most weekends, I am running around most of the day. Running errands. Volunteering with cats (or dogs). Maybe shopping. Hitting the gym. It's a rare treat to get to spend some quality time on my couch. Reading perhaps. Cuddling with my cats. Listening to good music on the stereo.

Last Saturday I got snowbound. I was supposed to get my hair cut. As I posted before, I headed out to my appointment, driving carefully through the then three inches of snow, and did a 180 on the entrance ramp. That and the pileup on the highway convinced me to reschedule my appointment. If the choice is between your hair and your life, your life ought to win.

So I rescheduled for this weekend not knowing that the snow this weekend would make last weekend's snowfall seem microscopic by comparison. We ended up with about five inches last Saturday. Today is Friday. By 10 pm this Saturday, we are expected to get somewhere around 30 inches of snow. Hence the title of this entry, which are the various names that the newscasters have come up with to try to describe the amount of snow we are getting. My personal favorite is Snotorious B.I.G. The others are too easy.

So tomorrow, the first day of the weekend, I expect to be doing nothing. No errands to run. No haircut (rescheduled again). Cats, couch, music, book - sounds like a plan to me.

I have a feeling that Sunday will not be much better though I will dig out my car in the afternoon and perhaps venture forth depending on how bad the roads are. But maybe not. I'm playing it by ear.

So I think I'm going to get more than a little time to not run around this weekend. And that's probably a good thing. It's good to have to stop every once in a while.

Now if I can just figure out how to get some exercise. Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment