Monday, February 22, 2010

Traveling (Wo)Man

I leave Wednesday very early in the morning for a week-long trip. I'm back for 6 days, and then I head out again. That's a lot of traveling for me.

The first trip is to Atlanta. I used to go to Atlanta quit a bit when I worked for a company that was based there. Well, I went four or five times before the company got bought and I lost my job. But on those trips, I didn't really get much of a chance to explore the city. We would fly in for a 2-day trip. Airport, Marta, office, hotel - that's about all I ever saw. This trip will probably not be much better. I have plans for drinks one night. And I will probably go to dinner one other night. But other than those two events, I expect that the majority of the time will be spent on the exhibit floor or dealing with the many, many logistics associated with the conference. By the end of the week, my feet will be killing me and my patience will be sorely tested.

The second trip is to Palm Springs. To see one of my good friends and relax. We are going to an arts show and a professional tennis tournament. I splurged and got box seats for the tennis tournament. It's the middle weekend of a 2-week tournament, so I expect that the big names will still be in the hunt, but many of the names I've never heard of will be gone. We have tickets for the whole day, so depending on who's playing when, we should be able to see some really good matches. At least, that's the plan. The arts show should also be enjoyable, and I have budgeted for a purchase or two. All in all, by the end of the five days, I expect to be relaxed and happy.

After all this traveling, I'll be happy to be home for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment