Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Allergies!

I love spring and fall, really I do. They are my favorite seasons. I love the change of seasons when winter warms up to spring and then when summer cools down to fall.

What I don't like is the allergies that come with these seasons. In the fall, it's hay season. In the spring, it's pollen.

Today, my left eye cried all day. My makeup was off that eye by about 10 am. The right eye had sympathetic tears periodically, but mostly it was the left. Tear, tear, tear. About 5, it suddenly occurred to me that maybe the cause of the moisture was pollen. So I tried taking some allergy medication. My eye didn't stop crying, but it did slow down a little.

Just in time for my head to start pounding. Basically, it feels like someone has a pair of pliers at the back of my head, just above my neck, and is squeezing. Most of the time, the pain starts above one eye or the other, and then spreads across my forehead. Lovely.

Fortunately, my allergies will not last long. A week or two and then I'm usually in the clear. So to speak.

In the meantime, my left eye is still crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment