Thursday, March 11, 2010

Murphy's Law

Today I am traveling. And just about everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

First, I had work to do this morning. An urgent press release. I understand that's how things go sometimes but I had other things that I needed to do this morning. Like get cash. Take clothes to the dry cleaners. Things I could not do but that still need to be done.

Then one of my cats decided to run into the laundry room and get behind the furnace. It's one of her favorite things to do and I don't let her do it. Because then she just cries and cries and won't come out. Again I did not have time for this today.

I decided to try to ignore her for a while and print my boarding pass instead. My home wireless network couldn't connect to the laptop. It wanted the security key. Which I can't remember. And there's no way to reset it that I can find. I gave up.

Tried to get Mia out again. No luck.

Turned on my work laptop which connected to the network with no problem. But then I couldn't print my boarding pass because that laptop doesn't have the printer software. Joy. I tried anyway, but American kept asking me for my AA number. I don't have one of those. I made the reservations through Expedia. But can't get a boarding pass from there. Joy.

Got the press release out. Thank goodness.

Then Mia finally deigned to come to the door.

Ate lunch. Back on track.

Until...cab was late. 15 minutes. Just enough to annoy me. I actually got in my car to pull out when the cab pulled up. So I got in and we took off. Had to pay by credit card of course because I had no cash, not having made it to the bank.

Now my flight has been delayed - three times! And the gate moved twice. They are now boarding.

I had a three hour layover. Now one hour. Murphy, I give up. Just let me make my connection and actually get on vacation. Please. Pretty please?

No comments:

Post a Comment