Friday, March 5, 2010

Behind!

The real problem with traveling so much is that you don't get to do the things that you need to do in your "real" life. Grocery shopping. Dry cleaners. Banking. Paying bills. Between the snow-filled January and beginning of February and traveling for the past week or so, I feel like I haven't had many weekends lately to catch up on life. To slow down long enough to get some of the extras of life done.

For example, I am supposed to be putting my home on the market in a week or so. After I get back from California.

Except that I still have a bunch of pictures to put in storage. I still have touch-up painting to do. And a couple of other little tasks. Nothing major. The major stuff has been done. But I haven't had a chance to deal with the little things yet. There's either been 2 feet of snow on the ground, I've been out of town, or I've been running around trying to take care of the critical items of life - rather than the minor ones.

It's interesting how that works, actually. My boss travels a lot. She's on the road 2-3 days a week. Most of the time to Arizona where our business offices are located. But also to California and other places. Today, for example, she was in Iowa. The first 3 days of the week, she was in Atlanta with the rest of the McLean office.

I sometimes wonder how she gets her life taken care of with traveling so much. Doesn't she need to do all those errands that I need to do on weekends. And then I realize the difference between her and me. She doesn't do her own errands. She has people to do them for her.

Grocery shopping? She has a woman who does that for her. Not that she's home enough to really need much in the way of groceries. But presumably there is some food in her home for the times when she is there for a meal.

Dry cleaning? Again, she has a "helper" for that.

Banking? Paying bills? There are accountants for that.

One thing I find quite interesting though about her lifestyle. She doesn't pick up her mail. For months at a time, apparently. Checks have come to her that she hasn't cashed because she never got around to getting her mail. And yet, she has someone to do her grocery shopping, clean her home, tend her garden, and pick up her dry cleaning. Could they not pick up the mail, too?

This weekend, my plan is to catch up. To blog more (I only have 10 entries for February - for shame!). To do a thorough grocery shopping run. To drop off a whole bunch of suits at the dry cleaning. To pay my bills online (oooh, I can do that from bed too - see previous post). To get life on track again.

So I don't feel quite so behind. Till the next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment