Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Several months ago, I started using a cleaning service. They come every three weeks, which I've determined is about when the amount of cat hair has built up to be intolerable.

It's been a mixed blessing. I love having the carpets deep-vacuumed. The kitchen looks great. The bathrooms are clean. All good.

It was particularly good when the house was being shown. Much easier to keep up with just tidying things up and not having to do a deep-down cleaning job to get ready for the open house. That was really why I kept the service going these last few months. Because other things are a problem.

For example, the first four or five times they came, they put the scoop for the cats' litter in the litter when they were cleaning the floor. And then didn't take it out again. Rendering the litterbox unusable by the cats until I got home. Not good.

They also can't seem to pay attention to where things go. Every surface is rearranged. I'm reasonably AR. There are reasons for why things are where they are. Though I will admit that I did move a couple of things based on where they had been moved to. However, I don't think the service moved them for function. I think they moved them to clean and just didn't care or pay attention to where I usually put them. Which I find annoying.

They also broke a clock. Well, I think what happened was that dusting the hands bent them just enough that they got caught on each other. Making the clock stop working properly. Again, annoying.

But today, tonight when I got home at 8 from a long, painful day at work, it was awfully nice to get into a bed with clean sheets. Yawn! Time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment