Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reflections Of Me?

When the sun goes down, I close the drapes in my master bedroom. I do this, usually, not because I'm changing clothes and don't want to flash my neighbors. I do it because I'm using the bathroom. You see, my cats don't like it when I close the doors and leave them outside the room. So I've gotten in the habit of using the restroom without closing the doors. Which means that, once the sun goes down, I can see myself reflected in my bedroom windows. So here's the question, if I can see myself reflected in the windows, can someone else?

I live on the side of a cul-de-sac. There is no neighbor who could see into my bedroom window, and then through to the bathroom, without binoculars. And somehow I doubt that anyone would be interested enough to use binoculars all night on the off-chance of catching me on the toilet. Or even changing clothes. And from late spring through the fall, there's also a tree in front of my bedroom window. Which would make it that much harder to actually see in my window from across the street.

But...if I can see myself reflected in the window, I again ask the question about whether someone else can see me too. Can someone on the outside of the window see the same reflection I see on the inside?

I don't know. But I don't take the chance. I close the drapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment