Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Favorite Human / Vampire Love Affair

Netflix delivered Disc 1 of Season 1 of Angel. It includes the first four episodes. I rented it because of David Boreanaz. And my favorite human / vampire love affair.

I have a friend who is a big Bones fan. When she and I were talking, I mentioned that David Boreanaz used to star in this show called Angel, which was a spinoff of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Being a younger type, she wasn't aware of these shows. And it made me want to see the shows again. So I rented the first CD for Angel. Interesting to watch TV shows on DVD. No commercials and yet of course still the breaks in the show.

Today, I also went to the bookstore. I was going to buy the Twilight series. Several of my friends have read it - women who are only a little younger than I am - so I thought I'd give it a shot.

But in addition to wondering whether reading books meant for teenagers will be up my alley - I did love the Harry Potter books after all - my favorite human / vampire love affair was written by Joss Whedon. Buffy and Angel. And so I'm not sure that I want to invest in Bella and Edward.

But I will watch Angel on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment