Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just When You Think You've Got It Bad...

Someone else has it worse.

Bad things have been happening to my friends lately. Makes me appreciate how good I have it.

One friend dad's died. He had been ill for a while, but hadn't particularly worsened recently. So his death was unexpected. And I think any time a parent dies, it's traumatic. Even if you think you're ready for it.

Another friend is trying to figure out a health issue that won't go away. It may be MS. She gets spurts of numbness. Not the usual symptoms for MS, but that seems to be where the diagnosis is headed.

In the meantime, her college-age daughter dove off a cliff and seriously injured herself. She's in a body brace for a while, though thankfully it wasn't more serious than that.

Another friend had a scare with a lump in her breast. It turned out not to be anything that serious, but scary. Especially as the mother of a couple of small kids.

Today, I learned that another friend took a fairly severe spill off his bike - going 27 mph over the handlebars is not a good thing - and has to have a pin put in his collar bone.

A few months ago, another friend was in a more severe bike accident. He was out of work for quite a while - a few months - though thankfully his job was waiting for him when he got back.

So today, I'm grateful for my reasonably good health, my lack of broken bones, and my healthy family.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment