Sunday, August 16, 2009

Random Thoughts

A collection of random thoughts today.

The last of the foster kittens was left behind in the Reston Petsmart today to play with the other kittens and hopefully get adopted from there. She and Mia, my alpha cat, were not getting along. Lots of spats, including a few nasty ones. Also, Charley was starting to get very attached to me. This way, she'll be showcased all the time, get to play with some other kittens more her age, and hopefully all will be well. In the meantime, my two cats are happy to have me back full time.

My sister-in-law's father died on Friday. He was in relatively bad health, but I don't think he was expected to pass quite this soon. Of course, it's always a shock to the system when a parent dies. Even if you think you're ready for it, I don't think you really are. It means the last vestiges of childhood are gone. My sister-in-law is also the eldest, so I think that makes her the matriarch. A role she's actually well suited for, but perhaps would have preferred not be thrust upon her in such a way. Death, as we all know, is a fact of life and part of the cycle and all that. But hard on those left behind nonetheless.

Next weekend's activities will be starting to seriously get the house in order for possible sale now that the last of the fosters is out. Need to buy a new futon for the guest room bed. Put the window bench together that's been sitting in the box it came in since May (it was in the kitten room and so safer in the box than put together). Get rid of the kitten food in the spare room and possibly get a cover for the litter box that lives in that room. Clean the closet doors in that room - they got paint on them (okay, I got paint on them!) when I painted the room last winter and just haven't gotten around to getting it off of them. Then I need to paint the master bedroom again - it's showing its age and also the new windows need their frames painted anyway. I think I'll take down the big mirror that's on the wall behind the bed while I'm at it. Which will also then mean putting up a couple of pictures or something rather than leaving that wall blank for showing. Not sure how many of these tasks I'll get done next weekend, but it'll sure be nice not to go to an adoption event for the first time since June.

Time to feed the adult cats. Not to mention myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment