Monday, August 10, 2009

What Is It About Mondays?

A few weeks ago, I blogged about rainy days and Mondays, mostly about the problems with Mondays.

What it is about Mondays? Why are they so hard?

Another one today. As is often the case, I went to work with a plan. I had a relatively calm day planned. One proposal, due Wednesday, almost finished. Just needed a few tweaks and then it would be good to go. A few other small tasks. Get out of work on time, go work out. Good day.

But no. 10 minutes after I got to work, that particular plan was shot to smithereens. A draft of the proposal that's due tomorrow (at noon tomorrow no less) came in. In bad shape. Missing several pieces. And yet still too long. So instead of my nice calm day, I spent most of the day putting the pieces together and then editing the heck out of the thing to get it down to the required number of pages.

I'm good under deadlines. It's one of my strengths and a part of why I have the job that I do. But boy do I get tired of having to race, race, race to get stuff done. It's exhausting and stressful.

Which is also why I'm headed to bed at 9 pm. Yup. I love Mondays....

No comments:

Post a Comment