Sunday, August 30, 2009

Vacation!

Okay, it's not exactly a stay-cation because I am traveling. But I'm not going very far. On purpose.

This Thursday I leave for the beach. I have a 1 bedroom condo with a deck. I plan on spending a great deal of time reading and relaxing on that deck and generally getting away from the world. I will probably go to the beach some, but I'm not a big lie-on-the-beach-all-day person. For one thing, I burn. For another, I get bored. For a third, I don't think I look all that good in a bathing suit. So I will spend some time at the beach, dip my toes in the ocean, and watch the other people go by. While I'm at the beach, I'll probably do some shopping - maybe buy a new bathing suit since that's where they sell the most - right?

So I think of it as a stay-cation because I don't plan to run around much. Except running around the resort complex for exercise. And I go home whenever I want because it's only a few hours' drive.

What would make it a real stay-cation were if the cats came with me. But cats don't travel. So I'll travel the 100 miles and still feel like I'm pretty much at home.

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment