Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Birthday - Week Four

My record for birthday celebrations is six weeks. This year, I'm at four weeks.

Celebration #1 (9/20): My family's celebration, a joint celebration with my cousin Steve and his newborn son, whose birthdays were just before mine. This celebration of MY birthday was overshadowed by the celebration of the BIRTH of Quinton - and you know, that's exactly how it should be. What's year 47 compared to year 1?

Celebration #2 (9/26): My actual birthday, dinner with my good friend Kevin in New Hampshire. We saw a moose on the way to dinner. Freaked out Kevin, but made me happy! I've always wanted to see a moose in the wild.

Celebration #3 (10/2): Celebration with a bunch of my buds at a bar where we often hang out. Needless to say, I didn't pay for my glass of wine. :)

And the celebrations to come....

Celebration #4 (10/10): A concert with my other friend Kevin. We're going to see Nick Lowe (with opener Bill Kirchman) at the Avalon Theater in Easton, Maryland. Should be a fun night out to hear good music. Pretty much my favorite thing on earth.

Celebration #5 (10/11): Brunch with my good friend Cindy at our favorite place for brunch, Artie's, one of the Great American Restaurants. Possibly the best French toast ever. A brioche soaked in eggs and cinnamon. With scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns. Yum!

Four weeks and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment