Monday, October 26, 2009

Sore Muscles

I sometimes have wondered if doing Body Flow (Gold's Gym's yoga/pilates/tai chi program) is really serious exercise. Maybe serious isn't the right word. But as someone who usually runs or does an hour of cardio on the various cardio machines, an hour of Body Flow just didn't feel like as much work. Probably because I don't sweat nearly so much in Body Flow as I do when I go for a run or do the cardio machines.

But yesterday I went to Body Flow for the first time in 6 weeks. I have been running more lately, outside when the weather is nice. And I've had very busy weekends. And so I just haven't gotten to a Body Flow class in a while.

When I first started Body Flow, I had already been working out at least three times a week. I was in pretty good shape. I even dropped by the occasional Body Pump class (which uses weights to help with aerobic exercise). So I guess my muscles were already been strong. They weren't as flexible as they needed to be for Body Flow. That I definitely noticed. But I didn't really get sore from taking it.

But today, the day after the Body Flow class, I am sore! My abs are tight. My quads are aching; though some of that is from Saturday's run. My arms also ache.

Guess Body Flow does give me a good workout. And guess I'll be going more regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment