Friday, October 16, 2009

Weird Day

Today was a good news/bad news day.

Good news:
I picked up three new foster kittens. I'm only going to have them for a week or so. Basically, the ranch, where the cats and dogs live while they are waiting to be adopted, is having a bout of upper respiratory infection. So not a place we want to put healthy cats. While the infection is working its way out, I'll have the kittens. Probably for about a week. They are very cute, but pretty traumatized at this point after a long car ride to get to NoVA and then to my house. They'll probably be much perkier tomorrow.

Bad news:
My uncle Bill has been battling health issues for a while now. He had mouth cancer and had to have all his teeth removed. He hasn't been able to find dentures that really fit right, and so he's been eating pureed food for quite a while. Then he had to have a heart stint put in. Apparently he was having bladder issues and they couldn't diagnose them until after the heart stint was stable. But yesterday they found a carcinoma. Don't know the extent of the problem yet, but not a good situation on top of the other two.

Good news:
Tomorrow is the birthday of one of my bestest friends - Happy Birthday, Kevin!

Bad news:
My mom called tonight. My father has been feeling run down for a while and felt like his pulse was slower than it should be. This morning he went to the health center on the Asbury campus, and they sent him to the emergency room. Where he was admitted and they put in a pace maker. I don't know much about pace makers, and I think it's *relatively* not a big deal. But scary nonetheless. My father is 82, so his health is bound to have some issues though he's been remarkably healthy until now. But these last few months, things have been getting rougher health-wise. He had a mini-stroke in January. He had diverticulosis this summer. Now this. None of these are major events. But lots of little events are still darn scary.

Here's hoping that tomorrow all the news is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment